Formerly the Thinking Catholic Strategic Center
Brian Sroufek, April 18, 2013
I am a practicing Roman Catholic and read the Bible every night. I have read it entirely a number of times. Further, I am 45 years old in the year 2013 and have read a few laws in my time. While I am not a lawyer, I perceive that many nations don't have a core set of laws which are straightforward, concise and easy to read. Instead, they are many, convoluted and often based on the poor laws of other nations. Even lawyers have to specialize! Therefore, I endeavor here to write a basic set of laws which every God-fearing nation should have. They are free to read and free to use. God Bless!
1) Freedom of religion is a right, whereas no one may be forced into religious belief or practice.
2) Murder is unlawful.
3) Rape is unlawful.
4) Violence and torture are unlawful. The government may use force for incarceration or warfare or control of prisoners, but torture is always unlawful.
5) Theft is unlawful.
6) Criminal hoarding or extreme capitalism is unlawful. The taking over of all land, food and money by the government is also unlawful.
7) Extortion and fraud are unlawful.
8) Bribery and corruption are unlawful, especially in government.
9) Homosexual acts are unlawful; so is transsexual surgery.
10) Abortion is murder, always, and murder is unlawful.
11) Marriage is between one man and one woman.
12) Contraception is immoral and unlawful. Who are we to decide who should be born?
13) Incest is immoral. Parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, siblings, aunts and uncles and first cousins -- all such intercourse and marriage is unlawful.
14) Prostitution, male or female, is unlawful.
15) Sexual relations between humans and animals is unlawful.
16) Public sexual acts and nakedness is unlawful.
17) Excessive taxation is unlawful, not more than 10% federal and 5% state, province or territory and 2% city or locality are lawful. 17% total is the maximum: this includes sales tax. Those living in dire poverty should be exempted from income tax, though sales tax is OK for these.
18) Slavery is unlawful.
19) Homelessness and poverty are never crimes; thus, oppression is unlawful. Feeding the poor is not a crime!
20) Aged-ness and youth are never crimes.
21) If prisoners can't be feed and cared for, they must be released, not killed or neglected. Prisoners may not be abused, only controlled. They have their religious rights still.
22) Too many laws is unlawful. Can we remember them? Thousands or hundreds of pages of laws and regulation is unlawful. Banking and other industries can be judged on these laws, even systemic evils can be.
23) Riots may be controlled for the people's safety, but killing and injuring rioters must be avoided.
24) Judges are necessary. Juries for high crimes are good for opposing systemic evil. Lawyers are unnecessary, unless the judge decides on a per case basis that the defendant can't defend himself or herself.
25) One may not leave the nation to commit a crime or be guiltless for crimes committed while in-country. The same laws apply to citizens re-entering the country.
26) Citizenship is granted to all born in the country, all born while en-route this country, and anyone who marries a citizen. All parents and children of citizens may be granted citizenship by a judge. Once granted, citizenship may never be revoked for any reason: it is a natural right.
27) The border is policed by the government. Criminal fleeing into this country may be imprisoned or returned to the original country, if known, as decided by a judge. Ware may start upon border encroachment, but aliens or homeless, nation-less persons may be granted asylum by the government or a judge. Mercy from tyrants!
28) Unreasonably long or excessive incarceration is to be avoided. The head-of-state may pardon prisoners. Oppression is, again, unlawful. This includes unreasonable or indiscriminate jailing. 30, 40 or more years is intolerable, except for serial killers.
29) It is unlawful for the nation or the government to borrow money from anyone or any nation. We must live within our God-given, natural means. Debt burdens the people.
30) Debts of debtors may not be laid upon family or descendants, except for homes or businesses, until paid or forgiven by a judge. Business is defined as an organization of people having the purpose of commerce.
31) Religious organizations themselves may not be taxed. Their personal incomes from the organization are taxable, however.
32) Businesses, as already defined, have a net income for taxation as that income which is not spent on wages. The net income may be taxed the same maximum amount that individual income is taxed.
33) The people are permitted to lightly spank their children, but abuse is punishable by the courts.
34) It is unlawful to abuse, purposefully starve or mistreat or neglect animals in our care.
35) There is no diplomatic immunity. Any diplomat may be either permanently sent home or punished by our courts.
36) The government shall not keep criminal records or tax records beyond one year maximum, nor require the people to keep such records. Perpetual punishment is evil. Monthly tax deposits by payers is only auditable within the year.
37) A crime is punishable for a maximum of seven years after commission. After 7 years, the person is not convict-able.
38) A head-of-state who is guilty of high-crimes, such as mass slaughter, cruelties, indiscriminate or oppressive punishments upon the people must be removed by the national military, not a judge. Prison for that one!
39) Dangerous activity toward others is punishable by the courts. Dangerous flying, driving, etc.
40) Except during warfare, execution of persons is unlawful.
Sarcastic Acronym Hover-Link Footnotes: For the convenience of those readers using devices that lack a mouse, these footnotes are provided for all webpages, in case any webpage contains any hover-links. (If you don't have a mouse, you can't "hover" it over a link without clicking just to see the simple acronym interpretation. Click any footnote link to see the acronym and a detailed explanation.)SLIMC1 Secularist Liberal Intellectual Media Complex
The Brilliantly Conceived Organization of the USA; Vic Biorseth
Return to the BLOG page
Return to the HOME PAGE
Subscribe to our Free E-Zine News Letter
Respond to This Article Below The Last Comment
Date: Sun May 12 13:02:58 2013
Comment: Suggested modifications to your laws:
9) Homosexual marriage is unlawful and they cannot adopt children. But homosexual relation itself is not unlawful. A man's body is his private property and what he chooses to do with that is his business.
10) Abortion can be an option in case of rape and forced incest, but nowhere else.
12) Contraception is a personal choice. Who are you to decide when women should be pregnant or not?
20) "Aged-ness and youth are never crimes"??? Of course not, or am I missing the meaning of what you wrote here?
35) "There is no diplomatic immunity". Bad idea. Refraining from shooting the messenger is the first hallmark of civilization. Fine if you expect your diplomats to be treated the same way.
38) Head of state removed by the military! Even worse idea. (Hint: Read the history of Pakistan).
Date: Mon May 13 06:14:16 2013
From: Vic Biorseth
Comment: Brian and Matt:
If I may inject a purely American viewpoint on these issues, recognizing that this whole venture is a speculative approach to an ideal system -
Re items 9, 10 and 12: I prefer the original American model, in which
are not listed among the items in Ariticle 1 Section 8 of the Constitution. What that means is that the federal government has no legal business legislating, executing or adjudicating laws regarding these subjects. They are, and should be, State and Local issues. They are matters of Local Community Standards rather than federal issues.
This American Constitutional Principle turns Matt's challenge on its head. Who are you, Matt, to try to dictate to the whole national community the legality, "naturalness", goodness and social acceptability of sodomy, abortion, artificial contraception, and a general open license for sexual un-chastity and indecency, just because you happen love, practice and promote these things?
Should the dog wag his tail, or should the tail wag the larger dog?
Date: Mon May 13 12:05:57 2013
That statement assumes that the people are overwhelmingly on your side on these issues. Now the dog and the tail are quite evenly matched.
Date: Tue May 14 05:38:19 2013
From: Vic Biorseth
Only in your fevered, perverse and twisted homosexual dreams.
Date: Tue May 14 14:45:53 2013
Comment: Maybe, but just go through these.
By the way, I am not gay, though I would readily admit that chastity is not my strong suit. I am simply an Ayn Rand loving libertarian trapped in a culture way more conservative than yours. My acceptance of gays is not because I am gay, but rather due to my belief that a person is the absolute master of his body, and it should remain such. Even right to property is less important than right to self. When people talk about Judeo-Christian values and such, they are imposing values on an individual, which I do not accept. Call me amoral, but it is the same as the Tea Party Slogan. Freedom or death.
Date: Wed May 15 06:14:01 2013
From: Vic Biorseth
You can read what I've said about the typical "public opinion poll" right here: The Typical Slanted Opinion Poll.
Regarding your not being homosexual, I hope you will forgive my error, recognizing that you have a funny way of showing it. When someone promotes and supports the advance of the homosexual agenda against the larger society most normal people might logically assume homosexuality to be the motivating factor. Perhaps you simply want to be perceived by others to be more "sophisticated" than normal people.
The fatal flaw in Libertarianism is in placing the self at the center of the universe. The problem with the belief that a person is the "absolute master of his body", or of anything, is that it ignores two vitally important things:
Since Aristotle, at least, Ethos, along with Pathos and Logos, has been a hallmark for developing rules for the guidance of human behavior. Everything you do affects someone else, even if only by example. You are not an island. We explained, in the Opposing Libertarianism page, why Libertarianism is not the answer to any political contentious issue.
The pig is the perfect example of the stand-alone organism devoid of ethos. His sole goal in life is pleasure, and a full belly. He will do only that which is pleasing, avoid sacrifice or unpleasantness, and only be happy when left alone to pursue pleasure and a full belly. But we are men, not pigs, and we are called to a higher dignity.
The great, historical guiding ethos of Western Civilization has been the Judeo-Christian Ethos. Admittedly, it has not always been perfectly applied. But when it is properly applied, it recognizes a higher authority than self, and it acts in good justice, toward the self and toward the other. To be free of any such rules is not true freedom. Freedom is not simple licentiousness. That sort of thing is not freeing, it is enslaving. It is the formation of potentially addictive bad behavior, toward the self as well as toward the other. Amoral libertarianism only appears to be a form of true freedom; it is in truth the avoidance of ethos.
But there is such a thing as right and wrong. You do not have any "right" to do what is wrong. You are never "free" to do what is immoral. Right and wrong do not go away simply because you pretend or wrongly believe that they do not exist.
Date: Wed May 15 13:44:18 2013
If you go over my first post, you will see that I was far more bothered by the opposition to contraception than to homosexuality, and with good reason. All the people who now target gays will scream about the perversion of contraception if allowed to get away with this first attack on individual liberty. Libertarianism might be self-centered, but then what about your philosophy? Insisting that everyone must live by your beliefs, is that not way more self-centered than allowing people to live as they please? You are free to advocate a life of abstinence, and live by it, but not free to legally force it down anyone's throat. And to hell with chapter 1 and section 8. It is down to the individual to decide what he will or will not do with his own body, no nonsense about the local community standards or anything. This does not mean that morality cannot be legislated, merely that private morality cannot and should not be legislated. You claim to hate communism, and with good reason, because individual liberty cannot be held hostage by party secretaries. Not by bible thumpers either. Multiple states in the US have passed laws accepting gay marriage, does this mean that straight people have to be gay according to COMMUNITY STANDARDS? Absolutely not. There are no such standards to begin with. You lead your life as you see fit, and I will lead mine as I see fit. Only when you decide to force feed your theology down my throat do we have problems.
Date: Thu May 16 05:45:10 2013
From: Vic Biorseth
You have everything you are complaining about exactly
No one here is targeting gays – that is a lie. It’s the other way round. Democrats and other varieties of Marxists and immoral degenerates like you are targeting straights.
No one here is limiting or illegalizing or threatening
artificial contraception or the availability of artificial contraception – that
is another lie. It's the other way round. Democrats and other
forms of Marxists and immoral degenerates like you are targeting “Bible Thumpers”
and forcing them, against their will, to procure or provide or pay for
artificial contraception for the use of disgusting people like you, either
directly or through insurance plans.
No one here is forcing any religion or any morality or any
lifestyle on anyone – that is another lie. It's the other way round.
Democrats and other varieties of Marxists and immoral degenerates like you
are forcing a redefinition of marriage on the whole of society. And worse.
To force public acceptance of absolute abomination, through the use of
“discrimination” laws promoting moral depravity.
Obviously, you are
either so poorly educated or so stupid that you cannot even understand what you
have read in Article 1 Section 8, which clearly prohibits legislating,
executing and adjudicating law on any of these topics, EITHER WAY, stupid ass. It would take a
Constitutional Amendment to do that, as it did with Prohibition. Thus the American Constitution is far, far more Libertarian than you falsely claim to be. The whole idea behind the Constitution is to prevent government from directing or controlling human behavior of the citizenry. Constitutional Conservatives, i.e., the Tea Party, wants to keep it that way.
Comrade Obama, peace be upon him, hates that.
Obamunism ignores or directly violates the Constitution at every opportunity, with the full support of indoctrinated and propagandized useful idiot fools like you.
It is you who are intolerant, not us.
It is you who would force your preferred social behaviors on the larger society, not us.
You are guilty of precisely what you falsely charge us with.
12 States out of 50 have passed the federally un-Constitutional legislation you are talking about. Here, we are free to vote with our feet and move to other jurisdictions, and, probably another item you are not aware of, people are doing just that. Note carefully, if you can, which states are rapidly becoming depopulated, both in citizens and in businesses, which means, in tax base.
You are perfectly free to move to San Francisco, New York or any other foreign nation where "anything goes" which are on the sure path to bankruptcy and eventual complete depopulation.
I just wrote about this kind of crap coming from stupid degenerates like you in the Heterophobia page. It just gets so tiresome to listen to the same old lies, over and over and over again.
Date: Tue Dec 02 2014
From: Vic Biorseth
Changes pursuant to changing the website URL
and name from
Thinking Catholic Strategic Center to
Catholic American Thinker.
Pulled the trigger on the 301 MOVE IT option June 1, 2014. Working my way through all the webpages. .
Never be lukewarm.
Life itself demands passion.
He who is indifferent to God has already forfeited his soul.
He who is indifferent to politics has already forfeited his liberty.
In America, religion is not mere window dressing and citizenship is not a spectator sport.
Do not allow our common destiny as a whole people to just happen without your input.
Get in the fight! Engage the Enemy!
Seek the Truth; find the Way; live the Life; please God, and live forever.
All Published Articles
By Publication Date
Enter ye in at the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and
broad is the way that leadeth to destruction, and many there are who go in
thereat. How narrow is the gate, and strait is the way that leadeth to life:
and few there are that find it! Beware of false prophets, who come to you in
the clothing of sheep, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Jesus Christ; Matt 7:13-15
"We belong to the Church militant; and She is militant because on earth the powers of darkness are ever restless to encompass Her destruction. Not only in the far-off centuries of the early Church, but down through the ages and in this our day, the enemies of God and Christian civilization make bold to attack the Creator’s supreme dominion and sacrosanct human rights.”--Pope Pius XII
"It is not lawful to take the things of others to give to the poor. It is a sin worthy of punishment, not an act deserving a reward, to give away what belongs to others."--St. Francis of Assisi
Truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.—Winston Churchill
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.—Ayn Rand
If you can't find the page you're looking for, try the